EHR Specialist, Remote
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
We are actively recruiting for an Electronic Health Record (EHR) Specialist, who will play a key role in optimizing EHR solutions that enable Aledade’s partner practices to improve patient outcomes, reduce healthcare costs, and increase efficiency. The EHR Specialist will collaborate with practice stakeholders along with the multi-disciplinary Aledade team to identify, develop, and implement EHR solutions to support strategic ACO initiatives. Additionally, this role will facilitate the collection of practice-generated data that can be used for population-based analytics. Ideal candidates will have depth of knowledge in at least one top-tier ambulatory EHR solution, have a strong understanding of practice workflow, and be able to travel approximately 10% of the time. The EHR Specialist must thrive in a fast-paced environment, respond well to change, and be a strong verbal and written communicator.
Responsibilities of the EHR Specialist include:
Lead EHR Optimization efforts for assigned practice panel:
- Coordinate efforts to conduct assessments of how practices are currently utilizing their EHR systems and identify areas where their systems can be optimized to support ACO initiatives.
- Assist practices to fully leverage their existing EHR systems to support strategic ACO initiatives.
- Serve as a core team member in onboarding new ACO practices
- Support practices with MIPS compliance
Provide EHR expertise:
- Identify common approaches, such as templates or customized reports that practices can use to achieve specific aims, such as Medicare Wellness Visits, Transitions of Care, or Risk/Hierarchical Condition Categories.
- Identify existing or develop new educational materials that can assist practice staff in understanding how best to utilize their EHR system.
- Understand relevant EHR vendor system updates specifically related to population health management.
- Develop and support EHR-system-specific user groups composed of representatives from Aledade’s ACO practices to identify best practices and training opportunities.
- Provide strategic input on how EHR optimization can support ACO initiatives.
Facilitate data exchange:
- Assist practices in ensuring data is properly captured in their EHR systems in order to accurately generate quality measure and other reporting.
- Ensure practices are able to share practice-generated data with Aledade.
- Assist with development of interfaces and functionality related to Aledade’s efforts.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as requested by the senior management team.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Significant and relevant work experience in lieu of educational requirements may be accepted.
- Ideal candidates will be located in one of Aledade’s market areas but may be remote with access to a major airport. Up to 10% travel is required.
- Candidates should have related experience working as a client-facing project lead in the healthcare industry (i.e., ambulatory practice, EHR vendor, health plan, hospital, government, management consulting) with a proven track record of creating, maintaining, and enhancing customer relationships and optimization of their EHR systems.
- Must have previous implementation or optimization experience with top-tier ambulatory EHRs and practice management software, preferably with expertise in Epic Ambulatory, NextGen, Centricity, e-MDs, Athena, Greenway, or eClinicalWorks products.
- Relevant competencies include developing and maintaining relationships with all team members, organizational skills, project management, critical thinking, problem solving, attention to detail, and effective written and verbal communication.
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals.
- Thinks beyond their immediate team and contributes to making Aledade holistically better (active engagement in D&I efforts, culture initiatives, facilitating training, leading roundtables, etc.)
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.