Accounting Manager, Compensation & Benefits (Remote)
Accounting & Finance
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Aledade is looking for an Accounting Manager (internal title of Lead Accountant) to assist in leading the General Ledger team. This is an opportunity to help build a finance and accounting department from the ground up while serving as a driving force in improving the health and well-being of millions of patients. The Accounting Manager will assist with the month-end close process and manage the work of other members of the General Ledger team. The ideal candidate for this role is fluent with U.S. GAAP, technology savvy, proactive and strategic!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for identifying opportunities for efficiency gains and implementing changes accordingly, while overseeing a number of key transactions including employee compensation and benefits, share-based compensation and medical self insurance. The Accounting Manager will not only coach, mentor and develop the team handling the day-to-day financial activities of the organization, but will also evaluate, assess, propose, and implement improvements to the current systems, processes and working methods to operate even better as a fast growing, world-class organization. The Accounting Manager will report to senior accounting leadership.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/work from home within the U.S. or from our headquarters office in Bethesda, MD.
- Participate in month/quarter/year-end accounting close ensuring that all financial data related to employee compensation and benefits, share-based compensation and medical self insured program is complete, accurate and in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Preparation and/or review of general ledger postings and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare and/or review monthly account fluctuations
- Implement and/or refine internal controls
- Enhance processes to accelerate monthly close activities while maintaining accuracy and integrity in financial reporting
- Partner with various business units and FP&A teams to provide insight
- Lead, mentor and train the team; take an active interest in junior member's career and identify ways for continued growth and development
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA License preferred
- 8+ years of related experience, including either public accounting or a mix of public accounting and industry
- In depth knowledge of the payroll process as it impacts payroll journal entry preparation (e.g. inner workings of payroll codes, mapping to the general ledger, payroll taxes, voluntary vs statutory deductions, etc.)
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including FASB and SEC requirements, Sarbanes Oxley, accounting best practices and cross functional accounting impacts
- Healthcare/SaaS experience preferred
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment and capacity to handle competing priorities
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to embrace change and build structure into a less defined work environment
- Desire to think beyond immediate team and contribute to making Aledade holistically better (e.g. active engagement in DE&I efforts, culture initiatives, facilitating training, leading roundtables, etc.)
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.