Technical Product Manager, Practice Health (Remote)
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
As a Technical Product Manager you will be a key member of the team that designs technical, service and content solutions to support Aledade’s various lines of business. The Technical Product Manager works alongside business owners, data analysts, designers and engineers to define project goals, solution scope, implementation approach, and rollout plans. They are the interface between strategic business owners and development and ensure that Aledade creates a high-quality product with the ability to scale.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/work from home within the U.S. or from our headquarters office in Bethesda, MD.
More on the position:
Aledade Plus (A+) delivers full stack, tech enabled services for Aledade's independent practice customers. You will own the development of new data architecture, capabilities, and implementation models to benchmark and monitor outsourced revenue cycle services. You will be working with industry standard EDI X12 formats and financial data from a complex landscape of sources. Your mission will be to improve the financial performance of primary care offices, improve their operating margins, and optimize revenue to facilitate stable transition from fee-for-service payment to value-based payment over time.
- Partner with business owners to cultivate a shared vision for the problem space, constraints, priorities and ideal end state, and be able to articulate and advocate for this perspective.
- Ongoing optimization of live user workflows and capabilities including monitoring of key metrics & user feedback
- Work with internal teams and end users to develop a deep understanding of requirements, perform thoughtful solution design, use data to test hypotheses, and support teams throughout execution.
- Write detailed user stories for new features, capturing detailed descriptions of business rationale, requirements, and success criteria that are defined by measurable outcomes.
- Develop short- and long-term roadmaps that deliver maximum value with minimum risk and assume ongoing iteration.
- 5+ years of product management experience in technology, technology-enabled services industry, or a SaaS product.
- Experience using data and primary research to inform solution design and build internal business understanding.
- Experience with and understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development methodologies. Preferably experience with Agile / Scrum teams.
- Product development experience in the context of the development of a healthcare technology product.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with an emphasis on problem-solving and building subject matter expertise.
- Experience with product development and/or implementation of revenue cycle management operational systems (RCM), EDI X12 data exchange and related infrastructure, and business intelligence products
- Deep understanding of revenue cycle workflow, operations, and business metrics
- Ability to manage strategic vendor relationships and integrations with third parties, including practice management systems and claims clearinghouses
- Ability to create and structure a product roadmap for internal tools, systems, and processes
- Knowledge of healthcare administrative and clinical data sets, including demographic, financial and clinical data.
- Knowledge of SQL, ideally with PostgreSQL experience.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time. Extensive use of computers and keyboard. Occasional walking and lifting may be required.
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.