Staff Security Engineer- IAM (Permanent Remote)
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
The Staff Security Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining security services that support our business. You will understand data and automation are important ingredients to our mission and know how to actively employ these ingredients at scale. Beyond the technical expertise, we value individuals who can partner cross-functionally across various teams, driving impactful outcomes and further securing our digital landscape.
1)Lead the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of comprehensive security strategies and solutions.
2)Design and deploy advanced security controls to safeguards networks, systems, and applications.
3)Work across disciplines to shape our security services strategy and execution.
4)Mentor and galvanize new engineers to do their best work.
5)Set and uphold the standard for security processes to support high-quality engineering.
- BS/BTech (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or a related field, 10 years security domain experience without degree.
- 8+ years of experience in software or security engineering within Cloud Native environments
- Experience architecting, developing, and deploying large-scale distributed systems at scale.
- Experience with cloud technologies, e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience building continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Strong familiarity with server-side web technologies (eg: Java, Python, Scala, C#, C++, Go)
- 4+ years of experience acting as a trusted technical decision-maker in a team setting, solving for short-term and long-term business value.
- Experience with health-tech systems, like Electronic Health Records, Clinical data, etc.
- Proven Experience as a Staff Engineer with a focus on Identity & Access Management (IaM)
- In-depth knowledge of authentication protocols, authorization mechanisms, and directory services.
- Strong proficiency in designing and implementing IaM solutions within very complex environments.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance and security standards.
- Experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the capability to articulate complex security issues to a diverse audience
- Strong Preference for a candidate with Okta Experience
Domain Specific Experience:
Identity & Access Management
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.