Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Location: Henrietta Johnson Medical Center
Position: Facilities Coordinator
Definition: Under the direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Facilities Coordinator provides building maintenance for all Henrietta Johnson Medical Center locations. The Facilities Coordinator is expected to exhibit high standards of professional conduct at all times
Team Philosophy Statement: The Henrietta Johnson Medical Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, women’s health, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
Qualifications: A high school diploma or GED is required. At least 3 – 5 years of operational maintenance experience in a health center or health related facility. This position requires formal and/or hands-on training together with several years preventative maintenance experience with HVAC and other building systems. Experience making minor electrical and plumbing repairs, painting and repairing drywall is required, A valid State of Delaware driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
Working Conditions: This is a full-time hourly position under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The Facilities Coordinator is expected to work a scheduled 40 -hour work week. Occasional evening and Saturday hours may be needed.
Training Requirements: As necessary to keep abreast of and have a thorough knowledge of equipment owned and/or maintained by Southbridge Medical Advisory Council, Inc.
HIPAA Statement: The individual will have access to the patient records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- The following list is illustrative and not all inclusive:
- Surveys grounds twice per day (early morning and mid-afternoon) for trash, debris or any unsafe condition.
- Checks lights and fire exit signs daily and makes replacements as needed.
- Oversee contractors to make sure that building and grounds are maintained. This includes, but is not limited to grass being cut, snow being removed from the driveway and sidewalks, and applying chemicals as needed.
- Maintains inventory of maintenance supplies.
- Spot cleans floors, fixtures, walls, glass and doors, as needed.
- Surveys premises for safety hazards, alert supervisor of detected hazards, and takes corrective action as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness of facility, including storage areas and facilities office.
- Paints and repairs premises as needed.
- Receives first call from security and fire systems.
- Reviews work done by housekeeping contractors.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- The interior and exterior of the facility are clean, sanitary, safe and present a professional appearance at all times.
- “Wet Floor” signs are placed in all public areas during period of inclement weather and floor cleaning.
- Lights and fire exit signs will be working at all times.
- Sidewalks and driveways will be cleaned as soon as possible after inclement weather to ensure the safe passage of patients and facility personnel.
- Grass will be cut to ensure professional appearance.
- Notifies supervisor that maintenance supplies are needed so that shortages are avoided.
- Proper authorities and/or supervisor will be notified as necessary after receiving security and/or fire calls.
- Flexibility, maturity, initiative, good judgement and professional behavior will be displayed at all times.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.