Front Desk Coordinator
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Location: Carolina Health Specialist
Position: Front Desk Coordinator
Front Desk Coordinator needed for our busy medical practices in Myrtle Beach area.
Must have excellent customer service skills AND computer skills.
At least one year of experience is preferred.
Great benefits and pay. Hours are Monday - Friday, 8am- 5pm. No weekends!
Position will require travel between offices to fill in as needed.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for greeting customers, providing information, communicating with departments, scheduling appointments, and checking patients in and out.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting and preferably six months receptionist experience in health care setting and experience with office equipment.
50 wpm typing skill preferred.
May be required to travel between offices if hired for the company float pool or if assistance is needed at other offices due to staffing issues and shortages.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Office setting, well-ventilated and well lighted.
- Greets customers in a polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions for check in and check out processes.
- Answers phones in a pleasant manner and deals with customer needs expeditiously.
- Always maintains good customer service.
- Completes all necessary paperwork such as encounter forms, updates. Uses computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
- Checks patients in and/or out in a timely, professional manner and ensures that patients are not checked in late or after their scheduled time.
- Updates patient demographic information, collects co-pays, provides any necessary forms needing completion, and obtains signatures as necessary.
- Verifies and updates insurance and ensures that insurance packages are properly loaded during the check-in process, and insurance cards are updated and on file.
- Ensures that patients are in network and eligible at time of service.
- Collects balances, deductibles, and co-pays at the time of service.
- Sets up payment plans for patients with unpaid, outstanding balances.
- Schedules lab appointments, AWVs, and follow-up appointments.
- Maintains clean, orderly waiting area including work area, bathrooms.
- Completes photocopying, computer input/typing, and mail sorting.
- Responsible for calling upcoming scheduled patients regarding their balances.
- Prepares bank deposits and reconciliation at the end of the day.
- Always maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
- Open and close office on time each day, when applicable.
ADDITIONAL TASKS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED:
- Scanning Documents
- Patient Referrals
- Office Supply Orders
- Prior Authorizations
- Working Buckets within the EMR system
- Medical Records Preparation
- Knowledge of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Knowledge of reception tasks, clinic policies and procedures, and paperwork
- Knowledge of how to use office equipment including phone, computer, fax, and Epion IPad.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records systems.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques
- Skill in using office equipment satisfactorily and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
- Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
- Must demonstrate adequate computer skills at the time of hire.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, and other customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral written instructions.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Sitting for 7-8 hours/day.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity
- Vision must be corrected to 20/20 and hearing must be in normal range
- Must be able to view computer screens for long periods
- Occasional stress related to workload and patients with problems
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve and specific job locations is determined (i.e. check in versus check out, float, etc.)
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.