Modesto, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Valley Diabetes & Obesity is a dynamic and unique Family Practice, Diabetes and Obesity Medical practice based in Modesto, CA serving diverse central valley community. We are looking for a Full-time Physician Assistant (PA). It is a great opportunity to gain a strong foundation in clinical care, advanced diabetes management and delivering high quality care through new models of care delivery such as Value based care through Accountable Care Organization. The clinic leverages technology in delivering quality care through an advanced EMR and Population health management tools.
Our Physician is the only Diabetologist who is Fellowship trained in Diabetes and Obesity in the Central valley, with Board Certification in Family Medicine.
You will be working in a small, fast paced environment, and will have an opportunity to learn from the best in primary care, advanced Diabetes and Obesity management.
• Graduated from an Accredited Physician Assistant Program and a current licensure to practice in the state of California.
• Experience providing primary care in a medical practice.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a primary care setting as a Physician Assistant (PA). Students looking to complete their practicum/preceptorship for PA graduation are welcome to apply.
• Active and unrestricted California Physician Assistant License/Certification.
• Philosophically aligned to ACO goals of high quality, high value care.
• Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community.
• Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is preferred
• The successful candidate will work as a team with our medical assistants and physicians and will assist in delivering premium care to each and every patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide office based clinical primary care including screenings, history and physical, care plan documentation, vaccination and high value referrals.
• Perform Annual wellness visits and physicals.
• Deliver high quality care and document appropriately to maintain excellent quality scores within commercial and public payer ACO programs.
• Enhance delivery of well-coordinated care by incorporating records from acute, specialist and post-acute visits into the clinical chart and deriving clinical insights.
• Work as a key member of the care coordination team for patients with chronic conditions
• Assist in managing patients with advanced diabetes.
• Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment.
• Perform and meet quality measures such as HEDIS.
• Paid time off and sick leave
• Malpractice coverage
• Workers Compensation coverage
• Vacation and Sick leave
• Professional development support (CME)
• Retirement benefits
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.