Puyallup, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 8, 2021
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Clinic Manager
The Physician Assistant (PA) will provide advanced primary care to patients in our facility under the mentorship of a Supervising Physician. This role examines patients, takes medical histories, and treats patients with comprehensive and compassionate care. This candidate will work alongside Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, and Medical Assistants to ensure each patient is cared for.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Help provide primary care to patients.
• Perform physical exams and patient observations.
• Record patient medical histories and symptoms.
• Create patient care plans and contribute to existing plans.
• Order, administer and analyze diagnostic tests.
• Monitor and operate medical equipment.
• Diagnose health issues.
• Detect changes in a patient’s health and change treatment plans as necessary.
• Administer medicines and treatments.
• Evaluate responses to treatments and medications.
• Consult with healthcare professionals.
• Train patients and families on managing illnesses or injuries and disease prevention.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Teamwork: Works together to achieve our goals, collaborating to achieve success and respecting our differences as people.
• Communication: Keeps coworkers and management informed and openly offers information in an effective manner. Communicates in a manner that can be understood, both in writing and orally. Can easily be approached by patients, coworkers and managers. Interactively listens and seeks clarification when necessary. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and conflict resolution, and is flexible when dealing with other people and work styles.
• Decision Making/Problem Solving: Able to identify existing or potential problems, gather relevant information, and analyze the information to identify possible causes of problems. Applies knowledge, experience, and common sense and considers alternatives when deciding on the best potential solutions.
• Job Knowledge: Demonstrates clear and thorough knowledge of responsibilities, understands the components of the job and how their job affects their department and the company.
• Dependability: Demonstrates consistent reliability in the work that they produce and the
behaviors they display and how it affects the larger picture.
• Productivity: Utilizes time management skills to prioritize tasks based on level of importance and produce the expected volume of work without jeopardizing quality.
• Caring: Treating our patients and our employees with compassionate care, always trying to do what’s best for each individual, for our patient community, and workplace as a whole.
• Patient Focused: Providing the best family medical care to our patients.
• Intentional: Making decisions and behave in a way that ensures the desired outcome is most likely.
• Integrity: Striving to be open and honest and hold ourselves to the highest standards of ethics, honesty, and transparency in everything we do.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position will work in an office environment with a moderate noise level. This role will interact with patients, coworkers, venders, and the public. This role will use standard office and medical equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, ekg machines, blood pressure cuffs, autoclave, and more. Must be able to communicate in fluently in English when writing and speaking.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the physical requirements of this position. This position is primarily an active role; however, this position needs to file, communicate over the phone and in-person, and use standard office equipment. This position may be required to lift up to 15- 20 pounds.
Minimal local travel may be needed for this position.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent: Required
• State of Washington Physician Assistant License: Required
• One year experience working as a Physician: Preferred
• CPR and/or BLS Certification: Required
This is not a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, or activities that may be required for this position. Position requirements including duties, responsibilities, or activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Sound Family Medicine is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. All employment offers are conditioned upon acceptable pre-employment drug tests which include testing for the use of marijuana and nicotine. As part of our commitment to a healthy workplace, we require employees to obtain an annual flu immunization as well as all employees be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 18, 2021.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?