Account Operations Analyst
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Please note: This is an onsite position based out of our Dallas, TX facility with the option to work from home a few days a week.
As Altruist enters an expansion phase for our revolutionary product offering, we’re seeking an experienced Account Operations Analyst to help position us for future growth and success.
What you’ll do
As an Account Operations Analyst, you’ll serve as an integral part of our account opening and maintenance processes by opening and updating accounts, communicating to our advisor support team, and performing daily reconciliation activities to ensure that regulatory requirements are being followed.
- Complete various account maintenance activities
- Handle sensitive document review to ensure compliance with firm policy, Altruist’s CIP program, Securities and Exchange Act 17a-3, FINRA 2090, and all other relevant industry regulations
- Identify and escalate risks as appropriate
- Act as subject matter expert in the firm for all account types and related maintenance processes, and be able to clearly communicate these with other teams
- Manually address exceptions and systemic failures
- Independently identify issues and create proposals to solve new complex problems related to account setup and maintenance
- Continually drive creation of better procedures and processes
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years account operations experience with a broker-dealer or RIA
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and independently create proposals for process improvement
- Ability to make appropriate independent decisions within established frameworks
- FINRA Series 7 or 99
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.