Cashiering Operations Analyst
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Please note: This is an onsite position based out of our Dallas, TX facility with the option to work from home a few days a week.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Cashiering Operations Analyst to join our quickly scaling Cashiering team!
What you’ll do
The Cashiering Operations Associate will be responsible for processing incoming and outgoing cash requests in a fast paced environment. The candidate will also handle account reconciliations and balancing. The candidate will also act as a liaison between departments to respond to Cashiering related inquiries.
- Process various types of deposit and disbursement requests including but not limited to wire transfers, checks, ACHs, journal entries of cash and/or positions between customer accounts, and fee processing.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s vision.
- Maintain overall reconciliation across various accounts on a daily basis.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Cashiering operations policies and procedures including proper controls and compliance reporting.
- Record retention.
- Maintain Cashiering narratives and risk control matrix and execute updates as required.
- Assist in audit reporting requests.
- Participate in responding to Cashiering related inquiries from colleagues in different departments.
- Responsible for multiple Cashiering functions for business continuity during disaster recovery situations.
- Ability to travel for training, disaster recovery, and other business purposes.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience in banking, accounting, treasury or finance operations experience and/or training required.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to build lasting relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to transition quickly and execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized with a strong and proactive work ethic.
- Attention to detail with proven experience of delivering high levels of accuracy.
- High degree of initiative and personal responsibility to anticipate issues, find solutions, and drive resolution.
- In depth knowledge of regulatory guidelines, internal firm policies, and Compliance/AML requirements and how they pertain to processing.
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets and capability to seamlessly work with large data sets.
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Something looks off?