Chief of Staff
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
We are looking to make a strong strategy and operations hire to help us address cross-functional challenges and opportunities as we grow. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in business operations, management consulting, and/or go-to-market strategy and the ability to serve as a generalist who can conduct analyses, obtain buy-in for recommendations, and create business updates for internal and external audiences. Please note: this will be a role with on-site requirements of 2 - 3x per week in our Culver City office and we will not be considering remote candidates at this time.
What You’ll Do
- Exec Team cadence: Partner with members of the Executive Team to set agendas, create materials, and send follow-ups for all Exec Team meetings
- Exec Team KPIs: Partner with members of the Executive Team to help analyze KPIs and assemble recommendations to inform targets and improve performance
- Exec Team decision support: Leading ad-hoc analyses to guide major decisions (e.g., go-to-market efforts, product roadmap prioritization)
- Internal communications: Design and execute internal communications strategy to share timely information and solicit feedback from the organization (e.g., weekly business updates, All Hands)
- External communications: Draft investor updates and assist with creating board materials; assist with creating materials for executive presentations at industry events
What You’ll Bring
- 7 - 10 years in management consulting and/or experience in a business operations role at a high-growth technology company
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Track record of leading cross-functional projects from start to finish in fast-paced environments
- Ability to be effective with minimal guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Growth mindset
Nice To Haves
- Experience in fintech or high-growth startups
- Proficient in Google Workspace (e.g., Sheets, Slides)
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.