Retirement Accounts Analyst
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Please note: This is an onsite position based out of our Dallas, TX facility with the option to work from home a few days a week.
As an Analyst in Retirement Operations, you will oversee processing operations and have responsibility for leading streamlined, efficient processes, and adhering to all applicable rules and regulations. You will be the primary point person for the processing of contributions, distributions and other retirement-account-related activities.
What you’ll do
- Review and submit advisor-submitted transactions in qualified and non-qualified retirement accounts (contributions, distributions, rollovers, conversions, and recharactsrizations) in a timely manner
- Perform reconciliations to ensure compliance with all relevant IRS publications, and state laws as appropriate.
- Perform calculations for excess contributions, recharactsrizations, and conversions
- Provide subject matter expertise related to forms 1099-R and 5498
- Continually drive creation of better procedures and processes
What you’ll bring
- Strong knowledge of the retail brokerage retirement space and processing related to brokerage IRA and 401(k) plans
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and independently create proposals for process improvement
Nice to have
- FINRA Series 7 or 99
- 2+ years retirement operations experience with a broker-dealer or RIA
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Something looks off?