Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Please note: This is an onsite position based out of our Dallas, TX facility with the option to work from home a few days a week.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Brokerage Finance Team!
What you’ll do
- Prepare daily cash reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations supporting monthly close
- Assist in preparation of regulatory filings
- Assist in gathering data and information requests in connection with external audits
- Recommend and implement process improvements, when appropriate
- Assist in ad-hoc requests
What you’ll bring
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Solid comprehension of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Based in eastern or central time zones due to daily responsibilities that are financial markets-driven
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and other Microsoft office products
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously in deadline-driven environment
- 3+ years of experience
- Preferred, but not required:
- Financial services experience
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Something looks off?