Staff Security Engineer
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Staff Security Engineer to join our team. We are looking for someone with a strong background in FinTech, a thorough understanding of penetration testing methodologies, and the ability to manage access and identity controls, fortify our cloud-based infrastructure, and ensure the security of our containerized deployments.
What you’ll do
- Lead the design and enforcement of secure access and identity controls across our cloud and containerized environments, focusing on FinTech applications.
- Implement and maintain robust security measures for our cloud-based infrastructure, including segmentation of the network and configuring security parameters.
- Proactively monitor and enhance the security of our orchestration clusters.
- Safeguard the security of containerized deployments by developing and implementing best practices.
- Conduct penetration tests, security audits, risk assessments, and vulnerability assessments to identify and initiate enhancements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with IT and development teams to guarantee systems and applications' secure design and compliance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain security policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance, including SOC 2 and ISO standards.
- Provide incident response support, including effectively managing and resolving security incidents.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in an IT security environment, preferably within the FinTech industry.
- Proficiency in penetration testing methodologies and tools.
- Deep understanding of identity and access management principles and their application in cloud and containerized environments.
- Proficient in Python or Golang (Java experience is a plus!)
- Deep understanding of AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in securing cloud-based infrastructures and networks, including expertise in network segmentation and security parameters.
- Solid knowledge of orchestration cluster and container security.
- Familiarity with SOC 2 and ISO security standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex security issues.
- Excellent grasp of current security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members and articulate complex security issues and protocols.
- Relevant security certifications such as CISSP, and CISM are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Something looks off?