Senior Product Designer, Mobile
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our quickly scaling Product team!
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to visualize a revolutionary new platform for financial advisors and their clients
- Launch and iterate on experiences across our mobile app
- Collaborate directly with other designers and product stakeholders to ensure consistency throughout the mobile app
- Align with product and engineering to determine what success means for a given initiative
- Iterate quickly through mockups and clickable prototypes that may range in fidelity and functionality
- Apply data, research, and customer insights to define problems, identify opportunities, and deliver improvements to existing products or introduce new ones
- Frequently talk with customers to deeply understand their mental models, needs, workflows and business operations
- Contribute to a creative, supportive culture for the entire Product Experience team
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years designing experiences on mobile and web
- Experience designing for mobile apps and an understanding of platform (iOS & Android) related best practices and guidelines
- Experience leading projects from inception to launch with product and engineering teams
- Ability and desire to solve complex product design problems and the strategy skills to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Ability to balance qualitative insights with quantitative data to articulate design rationale
- Humble, collaborative, have a positive attitude, and be a joy to work with (egos left at the door, please)
- Bonus Points:
- Experience visualizing data
- Fintech experience
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Something looks off?