Advisor Support Representative
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Please note: This is an onsite position based out of our Culver City, CA facility.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Advisor Support Representative to join our Customer Success team!
What you’ll do
- Utilize proprietary and partner systems to diagnose and resolve complex customer inquiries spanning across account opening, funding, trading, fee billing, reporting, and account maintenance
- Sleuth defects and proactively shepherd to resolution
- Provide exceptional customer service -- go above and beyond to foster rapport, delight customers, and drive loyalty
- Become an expert in Altruist’s product offering
- Translate complex customer issues for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Tag data and feedback gathered through customer interactions to help Altruist prioritize product roadmap and process optimization decisions
- Help maintain and update response templates and platform FAQs
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory guidelines at all times
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of customer support or call-center experience
- 2+ years broker-dealer operations or clearing firm experience
- Working knowledge of investing and what Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) do on behalf of their clients
- Proficiency with ticket management systems such as Zendesk and Jira
- Deep empathy for our customers; exemplary active listening and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Can easily manage multiple tasks in a well-organized and highly detailed manner while working in a fast-paced, perpetually evolving, early-stage, start-up environment
- Motivated to uncover the root cause of issues and drive them to resolution
- Team mindset focused on setting each other up for success; low ego
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Approach all job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- FINRA Series 7 license or equivalent required
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.