Senior Financial Analyst
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance team!
What you’ll do
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting processes, collaborating with department heads to develop meaningful financial projections.
- Monitor and analyze actual financial performance against budgets and forecasts, identifying variances and recommending corrective actions.
- Provide financial insights to support strategic initiatives, product launches, and business expansion.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Gather, organize, and synthesize financial data from various sources to create comprehensive and actionable reports for senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain financial dashboards, key performance indicators (KPIs), and metrics to monitor business performance and drive informed decision-making.
- Support the preparation of monthly/quarterly management reports, Board presentations, investor reports, and other financial reporting.
- Financial Modeling
- Create sophisticated financial models to support scenario analysis, sensitivity testing, and investment evaluations.
- Conduct in-depth financial analyses, including profitability analysis, cost-benefit analysis, and return on investment (ROI) calculations.
- Trend Analysis
- Identify and analyze market trends, competitor performance, and industry benchmarks to provide strategic insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with research teams to gather relevant data and incorporate it into financial analyses.
- Business Partnership
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including operations, marketing, sales, customer service, technology, product and people, to understand their financial needs and provide analytical support.
- Offer financial expertise and guidance in decision-making discussions, highlighting potential risks and opportunities.
- Risk Assessment
- Evaluate potential risks related to financial decisions and propose mitigation strategies to safeguard the company's financial health.
- Assist in compliance efforts, ensuring financial processes adhere to relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Process Improvement
- Continuously improve financial analysis processes, methodologies, and reporting frameworks to enhance accuracy and efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for automation and technology adoption to streamline budget/forecast and financial analysis workflows.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field; Familiarity with GAAP accounting required; Master's degree or CPA/CFA designation preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting, preferably within the fintech or financial services industry.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, data analysis, and advanced Excel skills; SQL skill and experience with financial software and tools is a plus.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, metrics, and valuation techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented mindset, analytical thinking, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong sense of ownership and commitment to quality. Working diligently to navigate ambiguity/obstacles and drive projects to completion.
- Proven ability to manage time with multiple priorities and opposing deadlines.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance and industry trends affecting the fintech and financial services sectors.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.