Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a QA Manager to join our QA team.
Please note: this is a hybrid role with on-site requirements of 2-3x per week in our Culver City office and we will not be considering remote candidates at this time.
What you’ll do
- Hire and mentor new members to the team
- Manage QA deliverables for sprints
- Drive manual and automated test coverage of all products
- Focus on continuous QA improvements in Test and Release processes & automation testing tools
- Monitor & continuously improve QA metrics on test results, leaked defects, and test coverage.
- Collaborate with Product and Software Engineering Teams to ensure a high-quality product is delivered, plan future projects & roadmaps, and build strategies
- Get hands on with testing as needed
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Provide technical leadership to the team by providing testing solutions and troubleshoot technical problems and challenges
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
What you’ll bring
- 3-4 years of QA Manager experience
- Experience with Functional, Non Functional, End to End, UI, and regression testing
- Programming expertise in Selenium with Java automation
- Good analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience with software test management tools like Testrail
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of how to leverage automation in testing efforts
- Successfully coordinated all aspects of testing efforts from project inception to launch
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.