HR Business Partner
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
We're looking to hire an HR Business Partner to provide strategic guidance and make Altruist a career maker for our employees. You will partner with leaders, managers, and employees to create targeted people strategies that make Altruist an amazing place to work. You will create policies and processes that ensure Altruist is a workplace where all can contribute and thrive.
This will be a hybrid position with at least 3 days per week working out of our Dallas, TX office.
What you'll do
- Identify and implement people strategies and policies that empowers Altruist to perform while we grow
- Define department specific competencies for each level within the team to create defined career paths for all employees
- Hold managers accountable to evaluating employee performance in a fair and equitable manner
- Advise leaders on headcount and succession planning
- Maintain positive employee relations programs and best practices to ensure we are promoting fairness while also mitigating risk to the company
- Ensure 100% of new hires have clearly defined 30-60-90 day onboarding plans that allow employees to become active contributors within a reasonable time frame
- Design and conduct team specific trainings for both managers and employees on a variety of people-related topics
- Collect and analyze employee feedback to determine actions that will sustain positive employee engagement
- Providing coaching and feedback to cross functional leaders to prevent employee relations issues from escalating
- Investigate sensitive employee relations issues by conducting interviews with employees that have flagged an issue, as well as interview those who may be considered witnesses, and make objective recommendations based on your findings
- Support various HR administrative tasks (ie employee information changes, benefit questions, etc) on an as needed basis
What you'll need
- At least 4 years of employee relations or HR business partner experience, bonus points for 2 years experience at a financial services company
- Solid understanding of employment & labor laws throughout the United States
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication (both written and verbal) skills and ability to develop targeted messaging, reports and presentations for all levels of the company
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to challenge openly and have difficult conversations
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into measurable strategy
- Ability to drive a variety of people programs like performance management, calibrations, compensation planning, executive coaching, employee relations, organizational design etc.
- Passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.