Senior Front End Engineer, Design Systems
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our Internal Tools team.
What You’ll Do
- Work with product, design, and business teams to clearly understand requirements and turn them into technical design
- Present designs to the technology team with clear breakdowns of tasks and deliverables
- Lead with engineering best practices and make decisions based on definable metrics
- Define the architecture for systems with a clear vision for both short- and long-term business needs
- Promote a culture of quality, accountability, autonomy, and open communication across teams
- Coach and mentor junior developers and take responsibility for meeting deadlines for your team’s deliverables
- Uphold strong levels of integrity for accuracy, data quality, and uptime — we are dealing with real people's money, and we take that seriously
What You’ll Bring
- Knowledge of low-code or no-code platform(s)
- Fluency with atomic architecture and React components
- Understanding of how to use React.js to build robust, modular, and scalable software that is consistent with the rest of our ecosystem
- Strong skills using the browser and application caching for building resilient architecture that sparsely relies on back end services
- Excitement and knowledge of GraphQL, Node.js, and TypeScript
- Track record of using performance monitoring tools like Lighthouse or Web Page test to analyze results and make improvements in successive runs
- Ability to implement SEO best practices in front end page development
- Strong understanding of responsive design principles and experience implementing them
- Experience maintaining code quality by measuring unit/integration tests, as well as other critical code quality metrics, using tools like SonarQube or SonarCloud
- Expertise in using AWS technologies to build scalable systems
- Comfort with EFK stack for logging and building dashboards and alerts
- Experience using application monitoring tools like New Relic/Data Dog to keep error rates low and ensure high uptime for all of our systems
- Experience in the CI/CD world and the ability to use it without causing a negative impact on our business or end user's experience
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.