Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Officer
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Play a critical role in safeguarding our institution against financial crime and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Develop and implement transaction monitoring systems to identify and investigate suspicious activities.
- Oversee the implementation of trade market abuse detection systems.
- Continuously enhance detection algorithms to stay ahead of evolving risks.
- Enhance the customer risk rating methodology to ensure accurate risk assessment.
- Collaborate with the IT department to automate and streamline risk rating processes.
- Monitor customer risk profiles and adjust as necessary based on changing circumstances.
- Serve as the head of the financial crimes functions, overseeing a team of analysts and investigators.
- Develop and implement fraud prevention strategies and controls.
- Investigate and report on suspected fraudulent activities.
- Manage and maintain the CIP, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develop and deliver training to staff involved in customer onboarding.
- Stay current with industry trends and regulatory changes related to CIP.
- Stay abreast of relevant AML and fraud prevention regulations.
- Ensure the firm's compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare and submit required reports to regulatory authorities.
What you’ll bring
- At least 10 years of experience in AML compliance within a broker-dealer or financial institution.
- Strong knowledge of AML and fraud prevention regulations and industry best practices.
- Experience with transaction monitoring and trade market abuse detection systems.
- CAMS certification required, Certified Fraud Examiner is a plus
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.