Internal Sales Consultant
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for an Internal Sales Consultant to join our Client Development team.
What you’ll do
- Deliver results; demonstrate our core values to not only achieve individual quarterly and annual quota, but also support the success of the entire sales team
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of the Altruist platform and position Altruist, our platform, and specific features (e.g., rebalancer, Model Marketplace)
- Leverage consultative selling skills to build trust with advisors, educate them, and guide them through the buying process to acquire, retain, and expand business
- Systematically capture advisor feedback to help inform company priorities (e.g., product roadmap, marketing campaigns)
- Contribute to the sales team’s goal of creating predictable, scalable growth by proactively identifying ways to make the team better, meeting sales SLAs, and consistently maintaining accurate and complete records in Salesforce
- Demonstrate coachability and growth mindset; absorb and apply feedback from sales leadership to increase effectiveness and efficiency
What you’ll bring
- At least 2 years of experience working as an independent financial advisor; as a sales professional at a B2B financial services, fintech, or SaaS organization; or as a consultant specializing in financial services at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Track record of meeting or exceeding quotas in a fast-paced environment
- Strong consultative sales skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand complex product features quickly and articulate how they can create value for customers
- Commitment to high standards, data-driven decision-making, continuous improvement, and teamwork
Nice to have
- Prior experience at a fast-growing B2B startup
- Series 7 and 63
- Proficient in Google Drive, Salesforce, and Slack
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.