Senior Quantitative Developer
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Senior Quantitative Developer to join our quickly growing Investment Solutions team!
What you’ll do
You’ll work with business owners, product managers, designers and engineers to deeply understand and solve advisor problems. You’ll use your expertise in investing, statistics and data analysis to help advisors deliver better financial outcomes for their clients. As a technology company, most of what we deliver is built with code. In this role, you’ll translate investment ideas into well-tested, production-quality code. Additionally, you will set and maintain standards and best practices, including documentation, testing, code style, and design pattern choices.
What you’ll bring
- Strong expertise in data manipulation, data visualization, statistical analysis, and optimization, ideally in Python
- Experience writing code to production environments, ideally in Java
- Experience querying complex database schemas using SQL
- Background in fundamental financial concepts including portfolio analysis and construction
- Demonstrated ability to solve novel problems with flexible thinking
- Familiarity with financial planning and tax management is a plus
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.