Director of Compliance
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Director of Compliance to join our Operations team! As the Director of Compliance for our clearing broker-dealer, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing the firm's general compliance operations. This key leadership position involves ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements, supervising FINRA filings, managing regulatory reporting obligations, overseeing the Continuing Education (CE) program, and conducting comprehensive compliance reviews.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the timely and accurate submission of all required forms and reports to FINRA and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Monitor regulatory changes and update internal procedures to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Collaborate with operations teams to address regulatory inquiries and examinations.
- Develop, implement, and manage the firm's Continuing Education program for all relevant employees.
- Ensure that employees are adequately trained on regulatory changes and industry best practices.
- Track and maintain records of employee certifications and training completion.
- Plan, execute, and oversee regular compliance reviews to assess adherence to regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external consultants to conduct thorough reviews.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements based on review findings.
- Develop, update, and communicate compliance policies and procedures in line with regulatory changes and industry best practices.
- Ensure that employees understand and adhere to established compliance policies.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate compliance-related risks.
- Work closely with risk management and legal teams to address and resolve compliance-related issues.
- Provide training sessions to employees on compliance-related topics.
- Foster a culture of compliance awareness and ethical behavior throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with other departments, including legal, risk management, and operations, to address compliance-related matters.
- Act as a liaison with regulatory agencies and industry organizations.
- Maintain comprehensive records of all compliance activities, including regulatory filings, training records, and compliance reviews.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; advanced degree or professional certifications (e.g., CAMS, CRCM) is a plus.
- 10 years of experience in regulatory compliance within the financial services industry, with a focus on clearing broker-dealer operations.
- In-depth knowledge of FINRA rules and regulations, SEC regulations, and other relevant financial industry compliance requirements.
- Proven experience in managing compliance programs, form filings, and regulatory reporting.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.