Senior Compliance Officer
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join our Operations team. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the organization adheres to regulatory requirements, implements effective compliance programs, and manages enterprise risks in accordance with FINRA Rule 3130. As a key member of our compliance team, you will be responsible for overseeing internal reviews, monitoring activities, and promoting a culture of compliance within the organization.
What you’ll do
- Compliance Oversight:
- Develop and implement compliance policies and procedures in accordance with SEC, FINRA, and state rules and regulations.
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Stay abreast of changes in regulatory requirements and communicate relevant updates to the organization.
- Enterprise Risk Management:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, assess, and mitigate enterprise risks.
- Monitor risk indicators and key risk metrics to ensure timely identification and mitigation of risks.
- Compliance Reviews and Audits:
- Lead internal reviews and audits to assess the effectiveness of compliance programs.
- Work closely with external auditors to facilitate regulatory examinations and audits.
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of required reports to regulatory bodies.
- FINRA Rule 3130 Compliance:
- Aid in the implementation and maintenance of processes and procedures to comply with FINRA Rule 3130.
- Serve as the point of contact for FINRA in matters related to the organization's compliance with Rule 3130.
- Training and Education:
- Develop and deliver compliance training programs for employees at all levels.
- Foster a culture of compliance through educational initiatives and ongoing awareness campaigns.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare and submit required reports to regulatory bodies accurately and within established deadlines.
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date documentation of compliance activities, internal reviews, and risk management processes.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Law, or a related field. Advanced degrees or professional certifications (e.g., CRCM, CAMS, CFE) are a plus.
- At least 7 years of brokerage compliance-related experience. Being in a senior compliance role within a self-clearing broker-dealer is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of FINRA rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise risk management principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic regulatory environment and implement effective compliance strategies accordingly.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.