Staff Back End Engineer, Portfolio Reporting
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
If you're passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you'll love what we're doing. At Altruist, you'll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform. Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Staff Back End Engineer to join our Portfolio Reporting team. For this position, we're looking for engineers that have an interest in data visualization.
What you’ll do
- Act as a leader and steward of engineering best practices, helping to mentor other engineers and develop impactful solutions.
- Analyze and solve complex problems spanning multiple user personas and workflows
- Focus on building and scaling services and user facing web applications
- Aggregate and transform financial data within ELT pipelines and optimize data for performance
- Work on complex calculations to produce performance reporting in a consistent and accurate manner
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and ELT processes
- Build new data integrations based on established requirements
- Perform data analysis to investigate and resolve data issues
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of building scalable RESTful back-end services, we use Java and Spring Boot framework
- Strong grasp over SQL and NoSQL database technologies databases like Postgres, Snowflake; data tools like Airflow, DBT
- Strong understanding of caching technologies like CDN, Redis, and Memcache
- Solid knowledge of Docker and Container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience working with data lakes and data warehouses
- Experience building cloud infrastructure on cloud technologies like AWS
- Implement and believe in automated testing like unit/integration tests
- Problem solver mindset and ability to flex across the stack, from frontend to data
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong data modeling and data analysis skills
- Experience working with huge data sets and being able to consumer/aggregate and summarize results will be a huge advantage
- Domain knowledge of brokerage platforms and financial services
- Prior experience working at a startup
What You’ll Get
At Altruist, you'll partner with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for radical change. You'll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the forefront of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a game-changing, growing company, you'll have a significant influence on how we deliver on our mission.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who's continually encouraged to grow and develop their expertise.
We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Constantly striving to better your craft and broaden your boundaries through consistent learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.