Group Product Manager, Core Products
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we’re looking for a Group Product Manager to join our Core Products team. This role will lead our product strategy to build the industry’s most iconic onboarding and transition experience for advisors. This person will also manage two product managers with the potential to grow the team later in the year. If you are passionate about crafting experiences that delight customers and leading a talented product team, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do (responsibilities):
- Introduce a product-led growth motion by building the industry’s most iconic onboarding experience to help advisors transition their book of business to Altruist
- Unlock new levels of efficiency for advisors and their clients by bundling multiple actions in the account opening journey
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and industry through user interviews, market research and product analytics
- Ship minimum-loveable-products that allow us to test our hypotheses while delivering a quality customer experience
- Partner with engineering, design, marketing, customer success, brokerage operations and compliance to create innovative solutions that make it easier to access financial advice
- Help build and develop a team of world-class product managers in Los Angeles, CA
What you’ll bring (required experience and competencies):
- 8+ years as a product manager with experience managing a highly visible and large product scope
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery (you love Lenny and Shreyas)
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Stellar communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Affinity for a fast-paced, early-stage environment
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.