Senior Back End Engineer, Trading
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
We seek a motivated and dynamic leader to be part of our Trading team. The Trading team’s mission is to streamline operations and empower a better trading experience for the advisors on our platform.
What you’ll do
- Analyze and solve complex problems spanning multiple user personas and workflows
- Focus on building and scaling systems
- Deliver RESTful APIs with microservices
- Integrate data from multiple custodians, aggregating, modeling, and loading the data into a transactional and warehouse system
- Solve complex problems within an event-based environment
- Work on complex calculations in a consistent and accurate manner
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of building scalable RESTful back-end services using Java and Spring Boot framework
- Experience with building out trading applications
- Implemented microservices architecture for backend services to deliver highly distributed and resilient architecture
- Strong understanding of design patterns, and implementation of, event-driven architecture
- Implement and believe in automated testing like unit/integration test
- Experience using Swagger for API documentation, SonarQube for code quality
- Strong grasp over database technologies using SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres, MySQL, HBase/Cassandra, Redis
- Strong understanding of caching technologies like CDN, Redis, Memcache.
- Working knowledge of Docker/Container technologies like Kubernetes or ECS
- Experience building cloud infrastructure with Terraform on cloud technologies like AWS
- Experience with Gitlab and building pipelines
- Strong knowledge of Authentication and Authorization principles
- Familiarity with ELK stack to ensure we have consistent logging, monitoring, and alerting built for the services
- Practiced Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Strong domain knowledge of Trading or Brokerage platforms and financial services
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.