Senior Data Engineer
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. If you're passionate about your craft and looking for an opportunity to make meaningful contributions toward our mission, we’d love to have you join us!
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and ELT processes
- Build new data integrations based on established requirements
- Collaborate with product and business teams to build and enhance core data models
- Perform data analysis to investigate and resolve data issues
- Manage data replication, data tooling and support integrations for Redis, ElasticSearch, Postgres and Snowflake databases
- Provide support to product teams to understand available data marts, how to integrate with the data platform, and evangelize data best practices
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience working with data lakes and data warehouses (such as Snowflake)
- Strong data modeling and data analysis skills
- Familiarity with one or more object oriented programming languages (Python or Java preferred)
- Prior experience with:
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Data Orchestration tools such as Airflow
- Data Replication tools such as Debezium and Airbyte
- Data Management tools such as DBT
- Prior experience integrating with AWS Cloud Services
- Experience with big data tools such as EMR, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experience with CI/CD Tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience, education or domain knowledge in the financial technology space
- Understanding of database engines and performance tuning
- Prior experience working at a startup
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.