Director of Finance and Operations
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development, Operations
Remote · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2021
Ad Hoc Labs, makers of Burner, is a fast-growing mobile app startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our team is looking for an exceptional candidate for an exciting new role leading business and revenue operations, reporting directly to the CEO. As the Director of Finance & Operations, you’ll work as part of the Ad Hoc Labs leadership team to drive strategy, accountability, company culture, and results. You will lead a portfolio of functions including strategic planning, revenue & KPI analytics tracking, financial planning & reporting, legal, and vendor management.
You’ll partner closely with the C-suite to pick areas of investment and work closely with highly collaborative product, engineering, and growth teams to drive performance across the organization. This is a hands-on role with a high level of ownership of outcomes in a lean, revenue-driven business with a strong, independent culture.
This is a unique opportunity to have broad responsibility for critical business operations of a growing technology startup, with open-ended growth potential for the candidate with a learning and ownership mentality. The right candidate will see an opportunity to run a business as preparation for a CEO/COO/CFO role.
- Collaboratively develop company strategy, annual, and quarterly plans and goals
- Develop, report on, and drive alignment and accountability throughout the company around KPIs
- Implement, monitor, and analyze a robust set of growth and operational metrics and reporting mechanisms to maintain metrics, revenue, and network integrity
- Identify issues, root causes, and solutions across internal and external elements of our business (e.g. app stores, telephony vendors, marketing attribution)
- Manage financial operations, including preparation of the financial forecasts, budgets, and operational statements; lead liaison to external accounting and CFO resources; develop and document business processes to ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Oversee vendor management, billing, and contracts
- Oversight of legal affairs and board reporting
Skills & qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in an operational or financial role at a high-growth startup, or a relevant background in operations finance, business insights, executive staff office, management consulting, or other related field
- Experience partnering closely with legal, policy, technical, and revenue teams, working on complex products or partnerships, or working in a legal or regulatory operating environment
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and business analytics principles
- Highly analytical, with advanced Excel skills
- Able to develop strategy, build a case, and tell a persuasive story to drive decision making and buy-in across an organization
- Relentless focus on execution that goes beyond analysis and strategy
- Self-starter who is able to own complex projects with minimal input
- Willingness to really roll up your sleeves in a startup environment. No job is too small.
- Intense curiosity and drive to make things better
- Excellent interpersonal skills, readily develops trust and credibility across all levels, and is able to motivate others
What we offer you:
- Complete health and dental coverage for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Parental leave
- Remote-friendly team (or you can work out of our LA home base if you choose)
- Whatever equipment you need to do your best work
- Work remotely in style. Get a stipend to set up or enhance your remote work setup.
- Investment in career development, including training, conferences, and online learning resources
During the current pandemic, Ad Hoc Labs is a fully remote company and we anticipate remaining that way for the time being. Candidate needs to be able to maintain a productive remote working environment with access to video quality internet.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company and we encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.