Senior Software Engineer (VFX Pipeline)
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
“The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.” – Aristotle
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us at Dapper as we build a bridge between blockchain and gaming. Our most notable projects, NBA Top Shot and NFL All Day, are blockchain-powered digital collectible web experiences built on cutting-edge tech. We're looking for someone who has a growth and outcome-oriented mindset to push our codebase forward as we balance our need to scale and optimize with shipping new and exciting features, sports and other projects. We're releasing at a high cadence to an eager, excited, and global user-base while defining a new space in blockchain and entertainment.
What we'll accomplish together
- Drive the development of tools and pipelines that allow content creators to generate exciting 3D experiences.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to gather delivery requirements, resolve impediments, and communicate status updates.
- Define and maintain the vision for the entire asset production pipeline.
- Prioritize and organize requests based on requirements, product vision and technical debt.
- Mentor and guide a technical team of artists and programmers.
- Document and communicate technical content like coding standards, technical design documents and best practices.
- Streamline and optimize processes and workflows and work towards continuous improvement of the team.
- Architect new systems as required for the 3D content pipeline.
A little about you:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years programmer experience with C# or C++.
- 3+ years experience with Game Engines in Games or 3D visualization.
- 2+years experience leading a team.
- Have shipped products on both Mobile and PC/Console.
- Experience with Source control ie Github, Perforce, SVN, Plastic SCM.
- Understands rendering pipelines in game engines ie, Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Understands artistic content pipelines within modeling software ie Blender, 3DS Max and Maya.
- Understands lighting configurations within game engines.
- Experience in developing shaders for use in game engines.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work within a team with a variety of disciplines.
- Goal focused mentality, and can quickly adapt and pivot as per the requirements and new information of the project being undertaken.
Bonus points if you have a the following:
- Experience working with brands to maintain consistency with guidelines.
- Experience creating and manipulating Animations.
- Experience creating VFX within Games Engines.
- Experience creating custom tools within game engines.
- Good experience in Node JS, Python.
Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to make web3 experiences easy, safe and fun.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves.
Dapper Labs are the makers of the Dapper Platform - the trusted gateway to digital worlds - and the officially-licensed digital video collectibles including NBA Top Shot and NFL All Day.
Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL and NFLPA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.