Senior Rendering Engineer - Unity (Vancouver)
Vancouver, BC, Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
“The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.” – Aristotle
We're seeking a Senior Rendering Engineer to join us at Dapper as we develop rich interactive user experiences for digital collectibles on desktop, mobile devices, and web clients. Our most notable projects, NBA Top Shot and NFL All Day, are blockchain-powered, content-driven applications built on cutting-edge technology. We're in search of someone with an outcome-oriented mindset to advance our architecture and codebase, striking a balance between scalability and performance while delivering new and exciting features for our projects. Our mission is to release at a rapid pace to an eager and engaged global audience, while defining a new frontier for blockchain in the entertainment industry.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Drive the development of tools and pipelines that allow content creators to generate exciting 3D experiences.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to gather delivery requirements, resolve impediments, and communicate status updates.
- Define and maintain the vision for the entire asset production pipeline.
- Prioritize and organize requests based on requirements, product vision and technical debt.
- Document and communicate technical content like coding standards, technical design documents and best practices.
- Streamline and optimize processes and workflows and work towards continuous improvement of the team.
- Architect new systems as required for the 3D content pipeline.
A little about you:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- Extensive experience with C# or C++.
- Experience with Game Engines in Games or 3D visualization.
- Have shipped products on both Mobile and PC/Console.
- Experience with Source control ie Github, Perforce, SVN, Plastic SCM.
- Understands Unity rendering pipelines and features, including URP, HDRP, and associated systems & differences.
- Understands artistic content pipelines within modeling software ie Blender, 3DS Max and Maya.
- Understands lighting systems and shader development as used in game engines.
- Familiarity with imaging and media formats, codecs, and APIs.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work within a team with a variety of disciplines.
- Goal focused mentality, and can quickly adapt and pivot as per the requirements and new information of the project being undertaken.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience working with brands to maintain consistency with guidelines.
- Experience creating and manipulating Animations.
- Experience with downloadable content systems, cloud storage, and asset bundles
- Experience creating custom tools and workflows within game engines.
- Good experience in Node JS, Python.
- $132,000 - $167,000 CAD + stock options
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to make web3 experiences easy, safe and fun.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves.
Dapper Labs is the makers of the Dapper Platform - the trusted gateway to digital worlds - and the officially-licensed digital video collectibles including NBA Top Shot, NFL All Day, UFC Strike and LaLiga Golazos.
Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL and NFLPA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.