SOC Security Services Analyst
At SilverSky, we believe that every organization, regardless of size, deserves an enterprise-class cybersecurity program. We deliver world leading products and services for Managed Detection & Response, Endpoint Protection, Vulnerability Management, Email Protection, Security Device Management, Professional Services, Incident Response, and Security Partnerships.
We have built a strong team of high performing security experts and support staff, and we’re constantly looking for new talent in our global sites - Morrisville (US), Belfast (UK), and Manila (PH). Our goal is to be the #1 customer-focused organization in the cyber security industry, by continually delivering demonstrable customer security value through all of our partnerships, products, and services.
We are currently recruiting for SOC Security Services Analyst in our Security Operations Center. The SOC Security Services Analysts in SilverSky operate at the front lines of cyber security, actively reviewing, and analyzing data to identify potential threats to our customers worldwide. They also work directly with customers on meeting their cyber needs during onboarding and beyond. The best candidates are confident, quick learners, and possess a clear passion for the security industry.
Applicants should have at least 2 years of experience in cyber security or related disciplines, ideally within security operations directly.
The role is based upon core hours in the specified location, supporting our Global SOC customers. Shift/night work is required, and on-calls may be expected.
- Configuration, tuning and management of a selection of industry leading SIEMs, and other security technologies.
- Supporting the goals and outcomes of a global SOC operation.
- Actively engage with customers on routine and high priority queries and analysis.
- Proactively analyse event data to adapt and improve current detection coverage.
- Support customers in onboarding and orientation to SOC services.
- Work with internal and external partner teams with customer outcomes at the core.
- Operate within a team of subject matter experts for Vulnerability, Patch and Endpoint management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineer is preferred.
- Relevant Industry certifications (Security+).
- Commensurate technical industry experience.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Willingness to learn new skills and proactively drive self-education.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple locations.
- Ability to work in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility.
- Broad understanding & familiarity with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Broad understanding & familiarity of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Broad understanding & experience with fundamental cyber security concepts, such as types of cyber-attacks and why attackers perform them.
- Previous experience in a relevant security technical role, such as a SOC or equivalent security operation; and previously experience working in NOC, service desk, or systems engineering.
- Previous experience with security detection technologies such as SIEMs, vulnerability management or endpoint management
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Experience in a customer facing security role.
- Experience in scripting, automation, and software development.
- Experience in incident response.
- Experience working in 24/7-based environment.
- Willingness to work on a hybrid setup in Makati City, Philippines.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.