ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Silversky Cybersecurity Advisor you will play a key role as part of the Cyber Advisory team as they work to build cyber resilient security programs for our customers. In this role you will use security frameworks and compliance standards to review the current maturity of our client’s cyber program and make strategic recommendations to help drive their cyber program forward. Within this role you will also assist in the oversight of the client’s existing services, review strategic reporting metrics and make recommendations for improvement to service elements.
This role will focus on supporting client relationships, providing security advice, and assisting with the implementation of compliance and security frameworks. You will use your technical skillsets, and your understanding of current Cybersecurity industry challenges to (help) identify growth opportunities for a portfolio of new and existing strategic account clients. This role will report to the Cyber Security Advisory Manager
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments.
- Benchmarking client security against compliance and security frameworks
- Developing a baseline cyber maturity profile
- Research emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them.
- Subject matter expertise on SilverSky services and how they map to compliance controls
- Identify new security controls and provide recommendations for customers.
- Identify potential weaknesses and recommend security measures
- Liaise with stakeholders around security issues and provide future recommendations.
- Oversee compliance related managed service offerings being delivered to customers
- Generate reports for client quarterly review meetings consisting of technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
- Assist with maintaining an information security risk register and compliance maturity profiles for your assigned customers
- Associate's Degree in information security or two or more years of experience
in Information Security or related discipline.
- 2-3 years directly working with compliance and security frameworks
- Overall knowledge of multiple cyber security frameworks such as NIST CSF, NIST 800-171 or ISO27000, CMMC, HIPAA, GLBA or others a plus
- Client relationship management experience or communication courses.
- Proven ability to convey security and compliance concepts to audiences
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external).
- Strong organizational, communication, and analytical skills.
- Prior experience in an customer advisory role, managed services or enterprise information security services a plus.
- Any security certifications a plus.
- Must be willing to travel if needed