Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
This individual will be spear-heading the Company’s business modeling, financial rolling forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
The position reports to the Head of Finance.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling utilizing Excel and its integration into Intact.
- Assist in developing and refining product profit and loss statements and analysis from the product major to the product minor level.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools including Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of GAAP and/or IFRS accounting rules
- Advanced Microsoft Excel programming and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in Financial Planning and Analysis.