Entry-level IT Auditor
An Entry-level IT auditor typically works under the guidance of more experienced auditors and receives on-the-job training to build skills and experience.
Over time, they may progress to more senior roles within the organization as they gain expertise in the field.
You will work as part of a small team based in the Manila, Philippines which operates as part of the Internal Audit Team and be involved with ensuring the business processes are implemented and meet the FFIEC regulations. There will be opportunities to travel to US.
- Perform and document audits, writing conclusions and findings in accordance with company standards under supervision.
- Review and evaluate IT systems/operations to ensure compliance with prevailing laws and regulatory requirements, company policies, standards and procedures to support Applied Intelligence Information Technology systems.
- Identify root causes of specific problems and develop practical and feasible recommendations.
- Present the results of testing to the audit team, including practical recommendations to address identified risks, requiring strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Prepare input to the formal Audit Report and effectively communicate audit results to management.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail in conducting audits and documenting results.
- Understanding of major information technology applications and/or infrastructure components and the basic aspects of computer systems, midrange and distributed/client server platforms, and web based applications.
- Capable of working effectively within and across diverse teams and quickly understanding business processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, enabling effective communication within Internal Audit team and operations.
- Computer literate - Good Microsoft Office Skills, especially excel functions.
- Knowledge of security controls, CIS, NIST standards and COBIT principles.
- Willing to work on mid-shift (6PM-3AM Manila time) as the role requires to collaborate with stakeholders in US and or working in US core working hours.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Information System (MIS), Computer science or related technical field.
- Minimum 6 months of internal auditing, public accounting, or information technology experience.
- Information Technology industry experience.
- Professional designations (i.e., CPA, CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP) / advanced degrees desirable.