Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network / Server Engineer is responsible overseeing the workflow involved in maintaining SilverSky’s enterprise network. They are responsible for designing and implementing the company’s and its client’s network infrastructure, resolving advanced support issues, and managing the junior network engineering staff. The Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking performs exceptionally and maintains the stability and performance of the network.
- Communicating with colleagues and customers in a professional and respectful manner.
- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- Installing and configuring server and networking hardware for our company and clients.
- Creating and implementing network security measures for our clients.
- Managing and mentoring junior network engineers as needed.
- Conducting regular network performance tests for company and clients.
- Delegating networking maintenance tasks to junior tech staff.
- Dealing with escalated network support issues for our clients.
- Drawing up network status reports and diagrams.
- Drive Development & Execution Solutions to complex issues.
- Initiate, lead, and participate in deep dives on complex issues for clients.
- Prioritize & select alternative solutions for our clients.
- Provide and implement solutions for our client’s problems.
- Through collaboration with business partners - Design, develop, and implement governance structure/methodology.
- Effectively analyzes problems and formulates practical solutions.
- The ability to work projects and tasks independently and see them through to completion.
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems including configuring and troubleshooting CISCO, JUNOS, IOS, and Comware.
- Advanced knowledge of firewall technologies, including configuring and troubleshooting FortiGates.
- Competency in configuring and troubleshooting virtualization technologies, including VMware 5.5 – 6.7 and Hyper-V.
- Competency in configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server operating systems and technologies, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NPS, Certificate Services, and LDAPS.
- Competency in configuring and troubleshooting wireless access point technologies, including FortiAP, UniFi, and Meraki.
- Competency in AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge of networking hardware including switching, routing, and wiring.
- Familiarity working in a data center, including racking, configuring, and wiring new equipment.
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- High level problem-solving and communication skills.
- Uses logical reasoning in decision making and problem solving.
- Judgment is generally sound and reasonable; Decisions are well thought out.
- Exhibits confidence in decision-making ability.
- Shows interest to understand how complex systems and processes work.
- Knows the basics of troubleshooting and maintaining devices and machines.
- Must be able to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or previous work experience as a networking engineer.
- 6-7 years experience managing Azure or AWS
- 9-10 years of experience managing medium to large VMware environments
- 4-5 years of SD-WAN experience / various platforms.
- 6-7 years of Disaster Recovery and High Availability planning, designing and implementation