Network Operations Engineer
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Network Operations Engineer will be supporting the current infrastructure based mainly on Cisco, F5, Netscaler, Fortigate and Check Point devices.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide 24/7 on-call systems operational support on a rotation basis for the technical environment and associated transit networks.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve LAN/WAN problems.
- Effectively follow change management guidelines for all the changes made to the production systems.
- Cisco switch and router maintenance
- Create monitors to alert on network exceptions.
- Implement projects resulting from Capacity and Failure Point Analysis, Network integration.
- Design and deploy mission critical network and security systems with multiple network media types, protocols and configurations
- Work with software development and database team to identify the system requirements for application deployment
- Document changes in overall platform and design
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Fault tolerant LAN/WAN design experience
- BGP, IPSEC VPN experience
- Firewall policy implementation and enforcement
- Minimum of 6 years Network Administration experience
- Knowledge in Networking and Security fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with hardware installation, upgrade, and maintenance of layer 2/3 devices
- Skilled experience with network management tools
- Ability to work in high-pressured but highly structured, customer oriented environment
- Proven experience in providing technical guidance to Service and Support staff, Application Development staff, or network engineers
- Ability to stay on project or hand-off schedule and manage own time accurately and effectively
- Demonstrate respect, responsiveness and professionalism toward others while providing superior service for customers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, international equivalent, or equivalent experience
- Obtained certification in CCNA and/or CCSA in Computer Science
- CCNP/CCDP certification