SOC Analyst Level 2
ABOUT THE ROLE
At SilverSky we believe that every organization, regardless of size, deserves an enterprise-class cybersecurity program. We deliver world leading products and services for Managed Detection & Response, Endpoint Protection, Vulnerability Management, Email Protection, Security Device Management, Professional Services, Incident Response, and Security Partnerships.
We’ve built a strong team of high performing security experts and support staff, and we’re constantly looking for new talent in our global sites - Raleigh (US), Belfast (UK), and Manila (PH). Our goal is to be the #1 customer focused organization in the cyber security industry, by continually delivering demonstrable customer security value through all of our partnerships, products, and services.
We’re current recruiting for roles in our Security Operations Centre for a Level 2 (L2) SOC Analyst. Analysts in SilverSky operate at the front lines of cyber security, actively reviewing and analyzing data to identify potential threats to our customers worldwide. The best candidates are inquisitive, eager to learn and possess a clear passion for the security industry.
Applicants should have 2+ years’ experience in cyber security or related disciplines, and looking for their next career move to a more senior role.
The role is based upon a 24/7/365 shift pattern, supporting our Global SOC customers.
- Incident management and response.
- Analysis of security incidents using a selection of industry leading SIEMs
- Operate in a rotating 24x7 shift environment to include daytime, night time, and weekend work
- Actively engage with customers on potential ongoing security incidents
- Proactively analyse event data to adapt and improve current detection coverage
- Responsibility for performance of Security Monitoring team functions during Shift Operations
- Work with internal partner teams with customer outcomes at the core
- Provide analytical and holistic thinking in reconciling security and technical analysis.
Education and Experience
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, OR
- Relevant Industry certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC, etc.), OR
- Commensurate technical industry experience
Required Skills and Competencies
- Willingness to learn new skills and proactively drive self-education
- Good verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple locations
- Ability to work in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility
- Broad understanding & familiarity of with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Broad understanding & familiarity of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Broad understanding & experience with fundamental cyber security concepts, such as types of cyber-attacks and why attackers perform them
- Previous experience in a relevant technical role, such as a NOC, IT Team, or Support Team
- Previous experience with other security detection technologies such as firewalls, IDS or log management (Splunk, etc)
- Ability to work to time critical deadlines.
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Experience working with a SIEM
- Experience in a Security Engineering role
- Experience in a customer facing security role
- Experience mentoring, supervising, or leading security analysts or IT professionals
- Experience working in a shift based environment
Must be amenable to work on a hybrid setup at least 3x a week in Belfast, Northern Ireland.