Support Ops Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our SupportOps Team has 3 primary focuses:
- Ensure maximum service availability and performance.
- Provide highest level of support and communications to all internal and external clients.
- Enhancing the customer experience by minimizing the touches or escalations required for resolution of issues.
Our SupportOps Engineers are required to ensure timely and professional execution within a highly diverse and broad range of roles and responsibilities. This role includes monitoring and maintaining the network, servers, and services critical to our business and its success 24/7/365. Additional duties include but are not limited to, opening, updating, and closing incident and trouble tickets within all responsible queues, escalations, bridge call management and effective communications both internally and externally. The SupportOps Engineer will follow all internal processes and procedures to drive issues to resolution.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor ticket queue for tickets needing next level support (escalated tickets)
- Translate technical responses to customer facing updates
- Understand system level alerts and associate with potential customer impact
- Investigate system logs and cross reference planned events to answer customer inquiries
- Escalated issue ownership and responsible for resolution and customer updates
- Communicates planned maintenances, impact, and timelines to Customer Support
- Uses instant messaging, email, and or phone to collaboratively resolve customer and service impacting issues
- Speak with customers directly to resolve issues
Technical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Basic Linux (Red Hat 7+) , 3rd party applications, and proprietary application troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting complex email routing issues
- Troubleshooting distributed applications
- Reading and comprehending basic Linux scripts
- Troubleshooting common Linux stack technologies
- Attention-to-detail when it comes to communication and documentation
- 3+ years of direct customer support experience
- 1+ years of experience in Linux, Linux related technologies, and 3rd party application support
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft clustering technology, Windows domain structure desired.
- Recognition for outstanding customer support
- Proven initiative, positive attitude, team oriented, self-motivated, and highly enthusiastic
- Intermediate Linux / Linux technologies troubleshooting skills, ability to find and read logs, and ability to translate technical jargon into customer updates
- Strong communication and soft skills
- Ability to learn on the job or research and develop skills as needed
- Must be willing and able to work non-standard work shifts, including evenings, overnight, holidays, and weekends.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; may be substituted by numerous technical certifications or significant years of related experience.