The Microsoft Systems Administrator plays a key role in the design, build, and ongoing support of our hosted and managed environments. The role requires a diverse understanding for Microsoft Windows and Active Directory.
- Perform OS and application installations and upgrades to Windows systems; and maintain them in accordance with established policies, procedures, and service level agreements.
- Monitor and tune Windows systems to achieve optimum uptime and performance.
- Provide capacity planning for all Windows and Microsoft systems to allow proper expansion and growth
- Support servers in a 24x7 environment.
- Plan and schedule server outages to perform hardware and software upgrades within a given window.
- Ability to quickly solve technical problems to minimize customer downtime
- Udnerstand monitoring systems such as Systems Center Operations Manager
- Understand and manage Microsoft, and other third party applications, such as Exchange, SharePoint, Hyper-V, Defender, Ivanti.
- Design and build Active Directory environments
- 5+ years experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Extensive knowledge of exchange migration.
- Experience with large Exchange and/or Active Directory multi-tenant deployments
- Advanced Scripting/Powershell experience
- Ability to troubleshoot in complex environments and quickly identify root cause
Education and Experience:
- Microsoft certifications, including MSCE, etc.
- Previous experience with BES and/or Mobile Device Management solutions
- Previous experience with SQL
- Experience with Active Directory design and implementation
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- College degree or 5+ years’ experience in complex IT environments