Staff Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Doctor On Demand
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Included Health provides a data-driven platform that delivers improved clinical outcomes for patients while reducing care delivery inefficiencies. To enable better outcomes, we rely on billions of data points on patients and their medical care. Consuming, correlating and securing heterogeneous healthcare datasets, and in turn unlocking its value through real-time analytics is a daunting, yet rewarding task. We’re excited to continue building our systems and infrastructure into a world-class platform for patient care.
Our Team’s Impact:
The data infrastructure team owns the data platform that powers Included Health’s technical strategy. The platform orchestrates data processing for engineering, data science and analytics teams, ensuring fast, reliable and predictable execution. Over the next two years, the data infrastructure team will drive impact to the organization by designing and building the next-generation, event-driven data platform.
About The Role:
We are looking for a staff software engineer to join the Data Infrastructure team, providing technical leadership for the team. You’ll lead by example, taking on the gnarliest of problems, leading design for the team, and prioritizing for impact. You’ll lead the development of our next generation data platform as a member of the already strong team.
Our depth of data is unique, and our platform is full of possibilities. We are looking for motivated talent who wants to take our technology and business to the next level to disrupt the healthcare industry as we know it today.
What You'll Do:
- Design and architect the company’s next-generation event-driven data platform
- Work across team boundaries to coordinate adoption and resolve dependency conflicts
- Prioritize for the highest expected value outcomes
- Drive key debates with key leaders to drive changes across the teams
- Systematically improve personal, team, and cross-team velocity
- Coach and mentor others through code reviews, training, and the evangelization of best practices
- Proactively identify and influence cross team roadmaps to eliminate highest impact tech-debt
- You have built data infrastructure for data engineering and/or machine learning teams
- You have a very strong understanding of data processing technologies for both data science and engineering, coupled with exceptional software engineering foundations and discipline
- You have a commanding grasp of Spark, Kubernetes, networking and distributed systems and understand the foundations of event-driven architecture for streaming applications
- You have strong programming skills and CS fundamentals
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD)You care about software and are proud of what you do; to you it’s more than a job
Our deep data is unique, and our platform is full of possibilities. We are looking for motivated talent who wants to take our technology and business to the next level to disrupt the healthcare industry as we know it today.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.