Director, Revenue Operations
Dstillery, the custom audience solutions company, empowers brands and agencies to reach their best customers for high-performing programmatic advertising campaigns. Backed by our award-winning Data Science, Dstillery has earned 16 patents (and counting) for the AI technology that powers our precise, scalable audiences. Our newest innovation, ID-free Custom AI™, is a privacy-by-design, behavioral ad targeting solution that performs on par with cookies — without user tracking. Our ID-based premier product, Custom AI Audiences, is a just-for-your-brand targeting solution that continually scores hundreds of millions of users in and out of advertisers’ best audiences.
The Director of Revenue Operations guides and supports the Go-To-Market team with data-driven insights and practical thinking that enable business growth. This person is a proactive strategic thinker with capabilities built on top of a world-class ability to manipulate data using tools like SalesForce, Excel, Domo, etc. This person has a strong operational orientation that enables them to offer practical solutions and plans that can be executed efficiently at scale. The DRO is responsible for managing the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual versions of our forecasts including revenue, sales compensation, and total sales expenses. The DRO is a proactive leader who is often the first person to spot new trends and opportunities while also being responsive to regular requests for ad hoc analysis. This person reports to the Chief Revenue Officer but maintains close ties with the CEO, finance, systems support, and sales leaders.
- Independently and proactively performs data analysis to identify gaps and opportunities to drive additional revenue. Generates business insights through advanced analytics and data mining to improve the Revenue GTM and facilitate data-based decision-making.
- Analyzes and manages financial performance against annualized plan.
- Plans at least 1-2 quarters ahead and maintains a planning process that anticipates and enables execution of tactics in advance of the current quarter
- Owns sales forecast which includes leading regular reviews, forecasting and reporting, providing accurate revenue forecasts, and performance updates to executive leadership.
- Proactively helps solve bottlenecks, risks, and opportunities across the customer lifecycle to optimize GTM performance.
- Owns sales compensation model (planning, analysis, and reporting) and collaborates with leadership to drive continuous sales expense efficiency improvements. Proposes timely changes as required. Analyzes and provides informed guidance on sales compensation policies and sales organization efficiency. Has experience with various sales compensation models. Is entrusted with full access to sales compensation data and maintains this with appropriate care and discretion.
- In collaboration with Finance and Salesforce talent, leads the sales forecasting and pipeline management processes to ensure accurate and timely revenue projections. Provide actionable insights
- Challenges legacy policies and procedures that complicate quote, order, invoice, credit, commissions, and revenue processing, and drive elegant, creative solutions based on that analysis
- Works collaboratively to deploy technology and automate key processes to increase sellers' time with customers and partners.
- At least 3 years in a rev ops role and at least 7 total years of work experience in functions that are data analysis-oriented
- Hands-on expert in using common analysis tools to quickly perform required analyses including Excel, Domo, Salesforce.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Can distill complex thinking into simple insights.
- Driven to achieve. A person who does not settle for the status quo. Works hard and stays relentlessly on top of the numbers.
- Able to resolve conflicts across teams with different core agendas
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum. MBA is a plus.
Dstillery is an Equal Opportunity Employer