Software Engineer - Studio Team
Dstillery, the custom audience solutions company, empowers brands and agencies to reach their best customers for high-performing programmatic advertising campaigns. Backed by our award-winning Data Science, Dstillery has earned 16 patents (and counting) for the AI technology that powers our precise, scalable audiences. Our newest innovation, ID-free Custom AI™, is a privacy-by-design, behavioral ad targeting solution that performs on par with cookies — without user tracking. Our ID-based premier product, Custom AI Audiences, is a just-for-your-brand targeting solution that continually scores hundreds of millions of users in and out of advertisers’ best audiences.
As a Software Engineer on the Studio team you’ll navigate the space between frontend developments and backend solutions. You’ll be tasked with solving complex problems, breaking them down into manageable tasks, and collaborating within a team that values diverse perspectives. Your contributions will directly impact our technology platform, which is designed to process and scale up from hundreds of millions of events daily. This role is needed to help build our new products. The ad tech industry is transforming and we are investing in our unique solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Develop solutions that span across the frontend and backend.
- Break down and architect complex systems into manageable tasks.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from Engineering, Product, Data Science, Sales, and Client Success departments to enhance our solutions.
- Work alongside product managers in an agile framework to deliver quality solutions efficiently.
- Partner with operations to ensure the reliability and availability of services.
- Adopt a thoughtful approach to software development, emphasizing clean, testable and well-documented code.
- Remain engaged with the latest technology trends and integrate them into your work.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You understand the importance of REST-based microservices and are familiar with the concepts of reliability, availability, scalability, and performance.
- You value thorough testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Google Cloud Platform experience is appreciated, but not required.
Technologies We Use
We don’t expect you to know every technology we use, but are looking for someone eager to learn and grow with us. Our tech stack includes:
- Vue.js, Nuxt.js, NPM
- Java, Spring Boot
- Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
- Python, Airflow using Hive/Spark for ETL, Git, Terraform
- ScyllaDB, Redis, MySQL, Kafka
- Mac laptops and Linux servers
At Dstillery, we’re committed to your professional development, providing the training and collaborative environment you need to expand your skills. Diversity and inclusivity are at the core of our values, fostering an environment where every team member can thrive. We’re committed to work-life balance and supporting our team’s well-being. Your background, whether it’s in academia, fintech, adtech, big tech, or startups, will be a valuable addition to our diverse team.