Northern Ireland, UK · Remote
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
We are currently seeking a Technical Consultant to join our dynamic Professional Services team. In this role, you will translate business requirements into technical actions, focusing extensively on technical enablement, integrations, API management, and custom solutioning. As a Technical Consultant you will collaborate with customers, Project Managers, Engagement Managers, and various members of the Firstup team to ensure customer deliverables are perfectly aligned with their needs.
This role demands a diverse range of technical skills and interests. You will assist our customers in the implementation and ongoing updates of the Firstup platform, handling tasks such as setting up user authentication, configuring SFTP accounts, configuring integrations with 3rd party systems, writing custom newsletters, developing scripts, etc. Experience with SQL and API testing tools such as Postman is essential. To thrive in this team, you must be ambitious, capable of working independently in a remote environment, and adept at collaborating with other members of the Technical Consultancy team through various remote communication tools.
- Complete the technical tasks required to onboard new Firstup customers, including file transfer setup, user authentication setup (including SSO), consulting on data requirements and mobile app configuration.
- Provide expert guidance to customers regarding our Partner API and ensure smooth integration with external systems.
- Implement configuration changes requested by Firstup customers to tailor the platform to their internal workflow and employee communication strategy.
- Proactively own high-visibility and high-touch customer relationships from a technical integration standpoint.
- Efficiently solve problems and drive collaboration with customers and co-workers through video calls and other communication tools.
- Write and maintain integration, troubleshooting tutorials, and sample code for our clients.
- Conduct thorough API testing to ensure functionality and performance.
- Some travel to client sites may be required.
- Three or more years of experience with software development tools and environments.
- A minimum of 2 years client-facing experience integrating enterprise systems, with a focus on API and third-party integrations.
- Proficiency with API testing tools such as Postman.
- Ability to diagnose and fix issues in APIs and backends, with a solid understanding of REST, SAML 2, and oAuth.
- Familiarity with Dev Console, DataDog, Airbrake and other troubleshooting toolsExperience with SQL and HTML/CSS.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Ruby, Python.
- Proven experience in writing technical documentation and software samples for programmers.
- Has worked closely with engineering teams to triage and assign technical issues.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Possess a can-do, no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated client relationship, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- High-level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments.
- High-level knowledge of internal communication tools including Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Yammer, Intranets, HRIS like Workday, PeopleSoft, and other systems.
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.