Escalation Manager - US-Central or US-West Time Zones
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
As an Escalation Manager, you will be a member of the Escalation and Incident Management Team, part of the Support organization, focusing on handling customer escalations and platform incidents as they arise. You should be able to take on escalated issues of moderate - high complexity and be able to manage your own priorities. We value team players who are self-directed and want to influence the next wave in SaaS technology and service innovation.
- Work with the Support team and CX management to ensure all customer escalations are acknowledged and handled appropriately, bringing in the right resources as required.
- Manage communication with customers and internal leadership on all escalations from engagement to resolution.
- Oversee platform incidents - ensuring incidents are properly summarized and communicated to affected parties.
- Escalate issues as necessary to the appropriate teams.
- Work with technical teams including Product Support, Product Management, and Engineering, on issue recurrence prevention, proactive software change management preparation.
- Present and report on escalations, high-profile issues and platform incidents to the Executive Level Team.
- Analyze escalation performance metrics and quality trends, and provide recommendations/proposals for process or product improvements.
- Coach and mentor other support team members on identifying and resolving early escalations.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects, both independently and also as part of a team.
- Strong customer advocacy skills and the ability to collaborate on solutions with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Attitude of urgency in order to resolve escalations in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to treat customers and colleagues with respect and professionalism.
- Ability to work efficiently, diligently and remain focused from a home office.
- Capacity to have empathy when customers have difficult issues. Specifically handling platform incidents, ensuring that incident post-mortems are held, collaborating on Incident Reports and working to continuously improve our platform incident response processes.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills. As well as strong reading comprehension and active listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You should have an IT related degree, several years of professional experience in escalation management, and a passion for solving problems.
- Familiarity with SaaS solutions is preferred.
- Any experience with using FireHydrant is a plus.
Firstup expects the base salary for this role to be between $70,000-$90,000. The starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience.
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.