UX Technical Writer
Marketing & Communications, IT, Design
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
We are currently seeking a Technical Writer as part of the UX Team to create and maintain learning and development materials. This position is suited to a technical writer who is looking to expand their knowledge and grow their skills. The Technical Writer will partner with other members of the UX, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Support teams to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including how-to articles, FAQs, process guides, and in-product help documentation.
This position will play an important role in educating both customers and employees at Firstup. You will become a subject matter expert of the Firstup platform and communicate that functionality to a diverse audience. You will also leverage analytic skills to identify opportunities for improvement and the evolution of our offerings.
- Create and maintain how-to articles, FAQs, process guides, and in-product help documentation
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users with a range of technical skills
- Gather colleague and customer feedback on documentation to improve usability
- Conduct regular QA on existing content to ensure accuracy and relevancy
- 2+ years working as a Technical Writer or in a related job role
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences using either formal or more casual tones
- Experience with at least one content management system (CMS), such as ZenDesk or Confluence
- Experience working in a tech company, SaaS experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong technical aptitude–ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- API documentation experience
- Knowledge of basic HTML
- Experience in prioritising and understanding the lifecycle of documentation from pre-release through on-going maintenance
- Experience working as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Excellent logic and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with Pendo to develop in-product education assets
- Proficient in writing and/or speaking a language other than English
- Experience using Solvvy to collect Knowledge Base insights
- Content management system analytic skills
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs
- Experience managing multi-language materials, including prioritising content for translation and coordinating with a translator
- Experience developing and maintaining video tutorials and micro-learning videos
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.