Software Architect - SaaS (Remote - US)
Software Engineering, IT
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
We are seeking an experienced Software Architect with expertise in cloud technologies. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in designing and implementing scalable, resilient, and monitorable software solutions using microservices architecture. As a Software Architect, you will play a crucial role in shaping the technical direction of our projects, ensuring they align with industry best practices and meet the highest standards of scalability and performance.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and hands-on experience with GCP or AWS.
- Design, implement, and optimize cloud-based solutions, ensuring they align with business requirements and industry best practices.
- Architect and implement software solutions using microservices principles to achieve modularity, scalability, and maintainability.
- Evaluate and recommend microservices patterns and frameworks to optimize system architecture.
- Design software systems with a focus on scalability, ensuring they can handle growing workloads efficiently.
- Develop strategies and implement tools for effective monitoring and observability of cloud-based applications.
- Establish and enforce best practices for logging, monitoring, and alerting in distributed systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, providing technical leadership and guidance on architectural decisions.
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Define and document application architecture and design.
- Highly organized and detailed, with a "perfectionist" approach to work.
- Flexible and able to adapt to frequently changing standards and priorities.
- Proven experience developing and implementing highly scalable enterprise level solutions.
- Experience in running and designing SAAS platforms.
- Prior experience supporting medium to large-scale, highly available, service-oriented, distributed production systems.
- Strong knowledge of multiple system and application architectures and their tradeoffs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a desire to interact with a variety of team members, customers and end-users.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in the field of Software Development.
- 10+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering and Architecture.
- Firstup expects the base salary for this role to be between $200,000-$280,000. The starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience.
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.