Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate, Analytical Development
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
Workplace Model: Onsite
- Working closely with scientists to develop and optimize protein chemistry and biophysical characterization methods including HPLC (SEC, IEX, RPLC) and CE.
- Support and execute sample analysis using relevant assays to support analytical development and process development.
- Collaborate with Quality Control department during assay evaluation and method transfer process.
- Conduct lab testing, analyze data and review results.
- Operate under Good Documentation Practice for efficient data management and retrieval.
- Record experimental procedure and results accurately in laboratory notebooks.
- Work on multiple projects to meet departmental and organization goals.
- MS/BS +2 years minimum industry experience in a relevant area of specialization (analytical chemistry, biochemistry).
- Experience in analytical method development, including plate-based ELISA, HPLC (SEC, RPLC, IEX) and CE analysis.
- Experience in data analysis software (Empower and 32-Karat) is a plus.
- Experience in LC-MS and biophysical analysis is a plus.
- Experience in writing SOPs, developmental and technical reports is desirable.
- Experience in working in GLP environment is desirable.
- Highly motivated, flexible, and independent, yet successful in a group setting.
- Strong technical skills along with key competencies including attention to detail, meticulous execution of protocol, excellent organizational and interpersonal capabilities.
- Familiarity with basic statistical analysis tools and applications.
- Personnel characteristics of integrity, teamwork, and commitment to excellence to fit with Encoded core values for success.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in California is $81,000 - $99,000 for a Research Associate II and $93,000 - $123,000 for a Senior Research Associate. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Encoded Therapeutics is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states. A hired applicant may be eligible for an annual bonus as well as equity under the company’s stock plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.