Research Associate I/II, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting a highly motivated research associate to join the Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (MCP) team within the Preclinical Research department. The role will involve
contributing to therapeutic design and validation, as well as performing preclinical studies for potential disease targets. A successful candidate will work collaboratively to support molecular and cellular-based assay design, execution, and analysis in order to advance pipeline programs. They will demonstrate strong technical expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry and will contribute to multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic research environment.
Workplace Model: Onsite
- Mammalian cell culturing, including media preparation, cell line maintenance, plating, and transfection
- Molecular biology tasks including but not limited to molecular cloning, DNA/RNA extraction from animal tissue and cultured cells, basic immunofluorescence assays, DNA library construction, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR and Western blotting
- Confidently conducting and troubleshooting assays and experiments in a research production environment with guidance from management
- Participate in group meetings and present collated data packages for feedback and review
- Maintaining detailed notes of experimental results, participation, and presentation of results at team meetings
- Assisting with laboratory housekeeping tasks, including receiving, maintaining, and cataloging constructs and reagents
- Complying with all laboratory safety procedures
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biology or related field, with at least 1-2 years of industry experience, preferably in a research environment
- Time management and high technical competency required – detail-oriented with organizational and prioritization skills strongly preferred
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique (primary cell culture experience beneficial)
- Experience with general molecular techniques and approaches (some flow cytometry knowledge beneficial)
- Experience working with RNA, AAV, artificial miRNA/shRNA and some microscopy skills preferred
- Proficiency with molecular biology software including Snapgene strongly preferred
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Excel, Graphpad, or other data analysis software are required
- Experience writing protocols and maintaining detailed laboratory notebooks
- Work effectively and efficiently within team-focused environment to meet objectives under time constraints
- Exhibit willingness and flexibility to meet project timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in California is $91,200 - $153,327. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Encoded Therapeutics is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states. A hired applicant may be eligible for an annual bonus as well as equity under the company’s stock plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.